EN

We certify!

High Visibility - CSA Z 96

The Canadian Hi Visibility Standard is drawn out by a Committee composed of end users who generously donate time and expertise to come up with the very best approach to total Visibility and safe environment to their fellow workers.

3M Canada™, one of the Industry's reflective supplier best known for its R&D, expertise and accomplishments, works hand in hand with us to put together the very best solution for you!

 

CSA fills its Hi Visibility safety role for optimum protection to all Canadian workers, regardless of there job type. 

Working in the dark is not a solution! Health & Safety officers must adhere to it.

Hydro Carbon Flash Fire - CGSB 155.20 (Canadian General Standards Board)


Essentially a Canadian copy of NFPA 2112 edited in the U.S., this Canadian Standard demands rigorous treatments from protective textile producers, They are required to complete various flammability tests, before and after 25 wash cycles. The product can not melt or drip, self extinguish within 2 seconds once the exposure to the flame is gone, protect the skin under these severe conditions for a minimum of 3 seconds, while not allowing more than 40% of 2nd Degree burns! An instrumented mannequin built with 119 heat sensors, corrolates the effect on humain skin. A Flash Fire is a spectacular explosion. With a 800 Degree Celsius environment, a furnace scenario, the worker is blessed to have worn such fabric/garment!

Wildlands - CGSB 155.22 (Canadian General Standards Board)

Once again very similar to the American counterpart NFPA 1977, it is also very much a Flash Fire scenario type. The same characteristics apply on various lab tests methods. Forest Fire workers face intense and changing fire scenarios. The wind becomes a factor and a major threat to the worker. Radiant heat alone becomes an extreme danger, thus the absolute need for the Flame Resistant Protection

 The industry refers to HAF (heat attenuation factor) determining the pourcentage of exposed heat, blocked by the protective clothing. For exemple, 78% HAF leaves 22% for humain skin damage, thus the importance of the appropriate fabric choice and its structural textile composition. 

Generally Nomex lllA® is the most popular. However, polymer induced 88% cotton / 12% high tenacity nylon has become the economical option. The latter is however heavier in weight and somewhat less confortable.

 

Electrical Arc Flash - CSA 462 CAT 1,2,3 and 4

Initiated in the United States nearly 20 years ago, it was introduced in 2006 in Canada under CSA Z 462. Arc Flash is a far more devastating blow and heat flux than a Flash Fire can be! An incident can develop nearly 16,000 Degrees Celsius in one second! In this case, the textile people had to develop a product that would not burst open upon an Arc Flash scenario. Of course, it must also be self extinguishable within 2 seconds or less, not melt nor drip. Certified evaluators will indicate the level of Calories/cm/sec a specific equipment represents and determine Category 1, 2, 3 or 4. The latter is the highest possible protection under the most dangerous scenario. However, LH doesn't produce the switch gear garment but offers all winter apparel of that same category.

Category 2 is by far the most popular protection as it covers environments that vary from a 8 to 25 Cal/cm/sec exposure.

Welding Apparel Class 1 - EN ISO 11611 & ISO 11612

Just recently introduced to the Quebec welding market segment, this standard protects from metal splashes occurring while welding, (whichever its welding type), and is a ‘’ first ‘’ in North America!

Implemented by the Quebec CNESST ( equivalent to Workmen’s Compensation elsewhere in Canada ) textile producers as well as garment manufacturers were required to create mixes of fibers, comfortable weights and specific textile constructions in order to meet European tests, unknown to all until now! The test results are required to be shown inside the garment, as well as who/which European Lab did the work! In a nutshell, the fabric base is Flame resistant/ Fire Retardant and its garment design is very specific, or else , the local/regional CNESST inspector may well threaten to stop all work at the welding shop!. This Standard is actually being closely examined elsewhere in Canada at the moment via CSA.

Subscribe to
our newsletter